CeMEB SUPPORT POLICY
Cemeb sustained shared facilities, now a recognized network (Repeb, holding for network of facilities in environmentbiodiversity) created in 2018 and managed by Cemeb. Cemeb also sustains the activities of Ecotron (the most-visited research facility of Montpellier by foreign delegations).
- Repeb is made of six facilities (Table PR8), and each might be subdivided (e.g., environmental genomics includes genomics, epigenomics, qPCR, cytogenomics and degraded DNA). Repeb sustains hundreds of research projects per year, including high profile ones (e.g., all ERC projects work on at least one facility), some of which using several facilities at once (e.g., genomics and bioinformatics). It stimulates new research directions, organizes scientific meetings, training and technical courses, technological watch and the development of new methododologies, and foster collaborations and networking with other regional and national facilities.
- Cemeb organized/funded equipment acquisition (ca. 170 K€/year), hired high-level technical staff (24 months/year; e.g., engineer developing computer codes on MBB facility), and organized / improved procedures (tending towards ISO-like certification). Cemeb, through Repeb, developed an extremely ambitious policy and got strong leverage effect (2.5), being leader in the creation of new facilities in Repeb (epigenetics and vectopole in 2017), or in large-scale projects. This includes the creation of new greenhouses (2.5 M€) or of a regional pole on volatile organic compounds gathering research groups and facilitiesin ecology, food-processing and industrial use (1.6 M€) with Cemeb partners and the Occitanie region.
- Repeb is extremelyproductive with 305 publications over the 2015-2017 period, the development of an open software in chemical ecology and of several methods. Three non-permanent staff working in Repeb got permanent positions from Cemeb partners.
Use and operation of platforms
These different platforms provide a variety of technologies and resources, Users can access the facilities for training and research under the supervision of onsite staff, or simply use the services provided by the facility.
Dedicated teams, who work for the host laboratory, monitor the correct operation of platforms. They welcome and train a large number of users from different regional, national and international scientific communities. They are also responsible for technological supervision and training.
REFERENCE DOCUMENTS (DOWNLOADABLE - in french only)
- The CeMEB Platform Charter: a summary of the potential contribution of other LabEx and the criteria for certification.
- Form to apply for certification as a LabEx platform
- Form to submit a summary of the work of a certified platform.
SUPPORT FOR PLATFORMS: EQUIPMENT
Since 2011, the CeMEB LabEx has been committed to supporting its different platforms by purchasing key equipment in collaboration with numerous co-financers.
SUPPORT FOR PLATFORMS: HUMAN RESOURCES
The CeMEB LabEx supports the development of its certified platforms by offering (temporary) technical support and interns who are responsible for technological issues.
Name: Julien VEYSSIER
Dates: 36 months contract (2013-2016)
Position: Research engineer
Responsibilities: Development of a support service for software development, maintenance, system administration and the development of the platform’s software, user training.
Name: Pauline DURBIN
Dates: 18 months contract (2014-2015)
Platform: CEFE experimental plot
Position: Greenhouse technician
Responsibilities: Monitor greenhouse operations, check the health of plants (watering, pests and weeds) in greenhouses and plots, preparation for experiments and their monitoring.
Name: Thomas CANTINELLI
Dates: 36 months contract (2015-2018)
Platform: GenSeq (PGE)
Position: Biologist technician
Responsibilities: Ensure the smooth operation the two GenSeq facilities hosted on the PGE platform (capillary electrophoresis and a pipetting robot).